“I was hurt in a car accident while I was traveling out of town for the holidays. What do I do for treatment?”

We hear this question, sadly, all the time.  The answer is simple: do what you’d do if you were hurt here.

If you were badly hurt, you were likely taken to the emergency room.

If you didn’t go by EMS to an ER, you can still take yourself there, but if you’re injured and you don’t think it’s severe, consider an urgent care. They’re cheaper than an ER, and typically much faster.

If you’re going to be out of town for several days or weeks, see if the urgent care or ER can refer you to someone locally so you can get more treatment there IF YOU NEED IT. You and your doctors need to decide what treatment you need.  Never get treatment you don’t need.

It’s important to get treatment quickly if you need it. Of course it matters to an adjuster or a jury, but the REAL reason to get that treatment is so you avoid an acute injury turning into something chronic. By postponing treatment until a week or two after a wreck, your condition can become much worse, and you can make your return trip home much more unpleasant than it has to be.

Getting the treatment you need gives you the best chance to restore your health, and that ALWAYS has to be your number one concern.

At the Miller Law Group our lawyers have over 50 years of combined experience in handling car accident claims.  They’ve handled thousands of personal injury claims and have reviewed many more cases that they didn’t take.  That’s because our personal injury team only wants to take your case if we think you’ll do better with us than without us.

If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, whether far away or near home, call us today at 919-348-4361 or click here to set up a free consultation.  We’re the Miller Law Group, and we’ve got your back.


What Damages am I Entitled to?

Getting a Rental Vehicle After a Car Accident

Starting My Property Damage Claim