If you’re hurt in a car wreck, you’re likely entitled to compensation from the other person’s insurance. Vehicle repairs, medical expenses, lost income, and money for pain and suffering can all be recovered depending on the facts. But if the other person has no insurance, things get tricky.

If you have your own automobile insurance policy, you have a type of coverage called “uninsured” motorist coverage. It’s just what it sounds like: it covers your personal injury claim if the defendant doesn’t have car insurance.  Your uninsured coverage will pay for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering, depending on what your injuries are. Uninsured coverage will NOT pay for damage to your automobile. That comes out of your own collision coverage in this situation. If you don’t have collision coverage and the other person has no insurance, you may have to pay for your car repairs out-of-pocket.

Importantly, because this was caused by someone else’s negligence, your own insurance company can treat you like a third-party. This means that even if you’ve had insurance with them for 20 or 30 years, your own insurance company can still treat you like a complete stranger, and use the same tactics against you that they would against a third-party.

The lawyers at Miller Law Group have over 50 years of combined experience in working on uninsured claims. If you’ve been hurt in a car wreck, whether the other person has coverage or not, contact us for a free consultation. If we take the case, we’ll only get paid if we get you a recovery. Contact us through the website or call 919-348-4361 today. We’ve got your back.

More About Uninsured and Underinsured Claims

Property Damage Claims

Statutes of Limitations