If you’re hurt in a car wreck, you may need medical treatment. If so, the FIRST THING to do is consult a doctor. Obviously, you’ve done this if you were transported by EMS or took yourself to the ER or urgent care. Often after wrecks, your body releases adrenalin due to the stress and shock, which masks pain, so you may not feel injuries until later that day, or the next.

Don’t let adjusters tell you where to get treatment. If you’ve been to the ER or urgent care, or think you don’t need emergency medicine, call your family doctor. If you don’t have one, ask friends and family who they see for illness and injuries. If your injured muscles, tendons, or ligaments, you’re likely to be sent to either a physical therapist or chiropractor. These treatments are similar, but are significantly different in their approach. Both work to heal the same sorts of injuries, but chiropractic treatment tends to be much more “hands-on” and forceful, whereas physical therapy is focused more on stretches and exercises that the therapist will show you how to do. What works best for you is UP TO YOU!

If you’ve tried one type of treatment and it’s just not working, ask your doctor about other options. You have choices, especially if you have health insurance. If you don’t have health insurance, that limits your options, but there are still options out there.

With over 50 years of combined experience, the award-winning lawyers at the Miller Law Group can answer your questions about how to approach your treatment, but we’re also going to tell you to ask your doctors about how to proceed. We’re here to tell you what an adjuster or, more importantly, a jury, will think about your injuries and treatment.  With over 100 jury trials between us, we know those answers, too. Contact us here or call 919-348-4361 for a free consultation.

What Doctors Do I See?

Getting Started with Your Property Damage Claim

Statutes of Limitations