If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in another state, there’s a lot to consider. How are you going to get your car fixed? What doctors do you see? Do you have to hire a lawyer in the city where the wreck happened?

Car wreck issues can vary based on where the wreck happened, but you should start the claim by reporting it to the other driver’s insurance, and then let your carrier know as well, in case there’s a problem with the other insurance company. That way you can get the repairs started or begin the process of negotiating a payment if your car is totaled.

As for doctors, get the treatment you need as soon as you need it. If you have health insurance, use that to pay for your treatment. Then continue with your local doctors when you get home.

As for lawyers, we’re here for you. The Miller Law Firm has offices in Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, and in Washington, DC. Our attorneys have a nationwide network of even more top lawyers in each state, so we have local resources where we need them. Regardless of where you were hurt, contact us today or call 919-348-4361 for a free consultation.

Rental Coverage After a Wreck

Starting Your Property Damage Claim

General Car Wreck Insurance Claim Information