If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, then you’re almost certainly dealing with a property damage claim for your vehicle.

The defendant’s insurance company is required to make all reasonable repairs (unless the vehicle is totaled) that are related to the wreck you were in.

It’s critical to get an initial estimate from a reputable repair shop you trust. They need to inspect the engine, transmission, electrical systems, and the whole vehicle: not just the body damage.

After you pick up the vehicle, don’t sign anything for the insurance company until you drive for a few days and feel comfortable that the vehicle is really fixed and running properly.

If your car already had a problem (previous damage, an electrical short, etc) that’s not going to be covered. But if the previous problem is made worse, then it can be covered by the new wreck. It’s very fact-specific.

At the Miller Law Group, we nearly always suggest that our clients handle their own property damage claims, as it’s usually quicker for those. However, we’re glad to give you guidance. Our lawyers have been handling car accident claims for over 50 years between them, and they can guide you through the repair process.  Contact us here or call 919-348-4361 today for a free consultation. If we take your case, there’s no fee unless we recover money for you.


Rental Vehicle Questions

Getting Your Property Damage Claim Started Quickly