Going to meet an attorney for the first time can be a nerve-wracking experience; here are a few things to keep in mind as you approach your initial meeting:
- Your attorney is a person, just like you.
- Your attorney is there to help you.
- Attorney-Client Privilege means that your attorney must keep the information you share confidential (unless you give them permission to share).
There are also a few things you can do to prepare for the initial meeting that will make you feel more confident and will help you stay organized and focused:
- Be early to the attorney’s office so you have a few minutes to gather your thoughts before the meeting begins.
- Be open and honest with your attorney from the first meeting, this will establish a strong relationship and will allow your attorney to proceed effectively.
- Gather all notes, documents and pertinent information that the attorney will need and bring them to the meeting.
- Bring a list of any questions or concerns you have and address those with your attorney.
Contact our attorneys at Miller Law Group, PLLC, today