If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, you may still be entitled to compensation. Your next step would be to appeal the denial of your case. To get started in the appeal process, you should:

  • Review the reason your claim was denied. Upon denial you will be notified via Form 61 the reason your claim was denied in a detailed statement.
  • Notify your employer of the appeal. When you notify your employer and its insurance provider of your intent to appeal, any mistakes that were made in the filing process can be corrected.
  • File a request for a hearing. To have your claim go before an Administrative Law Judge, complete Form 33 and send it to the NC Industrial Commission.

For help during the appeal process, please contact our office so that we can assist you in filing your appeal and fighting for compensation. At Miller Law Group, PLLC, in Raleigh, we fight for people throughout North Carolina that have been injured at work.