To save money and increase profits, insurance companies are placing more medical responsibilities and medical decision on nurses, instead of paying doctors. As a result, nurses are often over worked and under trained resulting in a significant number on nursing mistakes. Birth injuries are often the result of nursing mistakes, and often the result of nurses failing to recognize signs of fetal distress. Other types of nursing mistakes include:
- Failure to monitor test results
- Failure take and monitor vital signs
- Failure to notify the doctor
- Failure to follow doctor orders
- Failure to notice change in the patient’s condition
- Failure to administer proper medication
Nurse and nursing assistants must meet their applicable standard of care. Failure to meet that standard of care can result in catastrophic injuries. Miller Law Group has experience and expertise in handle nursing malpractice cases. It is important to choose a law firm with a track record in handling nursing mistake cases. If you have any questions are would like a free consultation, please contact our firm at 919-348-4361.